This report outlines the progress to date in implementing reforms introduced on 1 January 2011 aimed at improving the process of making a Victim Impact Statement for victims of crime.
It is the culmination of two years of research conducted by the Victims Support Agency in conjunction with a Victim Impact Statement Reference Group consisting of senior representatives of:
- Supreme Court of Victoria
- County Court of Victoria
- Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
- Office of Public Prosecutions
- Victoria Police Prosecutions
- Victoria Legal Aid
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Bar Association
- Centres Against Sexual Assault
- Victims Assistance and Counselling Program.